Re: [Videolib] ISBNs: the saga continues

Susan Weber (sweber@langara.bc.ca)
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:43:13 -0700

Jocelyn:
If you took the ISAN out of the hands of a book publisher, there would be
no cost for it. DVDs, VHS, and audiotapes are not books.
Vendors of books use ISBNs. Vendors of toothpaste or soup use a
barcode, cashiers use a UPC, I maintain that A-V should use an ISAN.

Don't any media folk agree with me?

Susan

--

Susan Weber, Media Librarian

Langara College, Advanced Education Media

Acquisitions Centre_

100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver, B.C. V5Y 2Z6

Tel. 604-323-5533 email: sweber@langara.bc.ca

Fast Forward Media Showcase, May 2-3, 2006

http://www.langara.bc.ca/ffwd

http://www.langara.bc.ca/aemac