Re: [Videolib] Ambassador Books

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:06:55 -0500

This is true but since most of the things they would sell would be basically
cheap stuff ( $30 or less) and they would surely take responsibility for
copies that arrive damaged not sure it is a big deal. It would seem rather
unusual for a distributor to sell additional rights on a copy they did not
sell you directly but if lets say Kino sold you PPR rights on a copy of
DAUGHTERS OF THE DUST you got from a wholesaler we would let you have a
replacement at a retail price as opposed to a PPR price so I am not sure
this would be an issue

On 4/24/06 2:20 PM, "deg farrelly" <deg.farrelly@asu.edu> wrote:

> Another comment on Ambassador (and other jobbers)
>
> Some distributors offer discounted prices for replacement of lost or damaged
> copies of their titles. There may be other rights negotiated later (such as
> use for distance ed or other streaming)
>
> At least one distributor has informed me previously that they do not offer
> those rights for copies purchased through a jobber (such as Ambassador).
> The rationale is that the distributor has no proof that my copy is a legally
> acquired copy, since they are not the ones who sold it to me.
>

> --
> deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
> Arizona State University at the West Campus
> PO Box 37100
> Phoenix, Arizona 85069-7100
> Phone: 602.543.8522
> Email: deg.farrelly@asu.edu