Re: [Videolib] ISBNs: the saga continues

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 19:02:37 -0500

--B_3228577358_140728238

Interesting. Well if I do ever convince our video dept guys to go for it I
will certainly wait until next year
When the new numbers go in effect

On 4/22/06 2:17 PM, "Herownword@aol.com" <Herownword@aol.com> wrote:

> Thought some of you might be interested in an update on our adventures in
> ISBN-land. We went ahead and purchased a large batch of ISBNs, assuming that
> of course they would be in the new 13-digit format. But no such luck. They
> are all 10-digit format and we must either convert them ourselves, one by one,
> which is fairly straightforward but requires time and patience, or pay Bowker
> to do so. We naturally called Bowker at once and said we'd much prefer to be
> issued the 13-digit numbers in the first place (since they go into effect
> January 2007), but were informed that they can't give them out until it's
> actually January 2007. Unless, of course, we pay Bowker extra or do the
> handwork ourselves. Anyway, we're glad to know that ISBNs are useful to
> librarians and media staff, because they're certainly inconvenient to come by.
> I'm really hopeful this is the end of our ISBN learning curve, but I'm a
> little pessimistic, based on recent experiences...... Jocelyn Riley,
> HerOwnWords.com and NontraditionalCareers.com

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3228577358_140728238

Re: [Videolib] ISBNs:  the saga continues Inter= esting. Well if I do ever convince our video dept guys to go for it I will c= ertainly wait until next year