**To receive the Call for Proposals, please email your name and affiliation
ABOUT THE INITIATIVE
Art:21@ Museums + Libraries encourages collaboration between local cultural
institutions. Exploring contemporary art from visual and literary
perspectives, the initiative focuses on specific thematic episodes from the
the PBS series, "Art:21čArt in the Twenty-First Century." Local museums and
libraries will partner to host screening events, discussion forums, and
hands-on activities. Events are tailored for adult, family, and youth
audiences, and encourage an interdisciplinary approach to navigating the art
Art21 is a non-profit contemporary art organization serving students,
teachers, and the general public nationwide. In addition to producing the
Emmy-nominated, nationally broadcast PBS series, "Art:21čArt in the
Twenty-First Century," Art21 also offers a comprehensive Web site
(www.pbs.org/art21), educational materials, and outreach programs. Art21 has
produced three seasons of "Art:21čArt in the Twenty-First Century" for PBS
(Fall 2001, 2003, 2005), creating a biennial event that has featured 55
established and emerging artists to date. Season 4 will premiere in Fall
WHO CAN APPLY
- You can apply if you work, volunteer, or are otherwise associated with a
- You can submit a proposal as an individual, sponsor, or group.
SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
- Your proposal should incorporate a screening of the Art:21 series.
- You can choose one or more thematic episodes, or a combination of artist
- Your proposal should involve another cultural institution.
- Your proposal should include an activity related to the Art:21 episode or
segments you screen. Past participants have organized exhibition-related
events, community discussions, and ongoing film series.
- You can propose a single event or a series of events that take place over
- Free DVDs of Season 3 of "Art:21čArt in the Twenty-First Century"
- Detailed background information on select Art:21 themes and artists, as
well as suggestions for further research.
- Step-by-step guide to planning, organizing, and holding your event from
booking a space to facilitating a group discussion.
- Ideas to inspire creative activities and events that coincide with your
A limited number of honoraria will also be available.
To receive the Call for Proposals, send an email with your name and
affiliation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please contact:
Manager of Public Programs and Outreach
286 Spring Street, Suite 405
New York, NY 10013
Videolib mailing list