Re: [Videolib] Reel Patriotism

Wed, 05 Apr 2006 17:45:07 -0700

I beg to beg to differ...

It depends on how you define patriotism. If you equate it with
nationalism and intense devotion to national vision and mythos, Leni
captures it dead on. Anyway, since when is patriotism exempt from
fanaticism? (And please! let's not start the political ball rolling
down these lanes again...I'm only speaking in the broadest of terms...)

Gary

UC Berkeley

*****

spectacles."