RE: [Videolib] Library Self-Check of AV materials

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 15:41:52 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C65828.3404C4C9

Hi!
We are in the middle of a compact disc conversion - from using Alpha
Security Cases(3 types! no less) to double shelving - empty case on the
shelf, with an accession number on the cover, and the disc in a pocket
with the same accession number in a locked cabinet in back of the circ
desk on 2nd floor. We did this last year with our dvds, and our loss
has gone down, except for titles that fall into the transit black hole
of Calcutta between lcoations. Also, the cds will take up less room on
the shelf if they aren't in security cases. However, processing these
is time consuming, and expensive in terms of not only supplies but also
staff time.
=20
=20
Becky Tatar