Re: [Videolib] PPR for Godzilla

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Mon, 03 Apr 2006 16:28:48 -0500

--B_3226926529_41685745

Yikes yes they have the =B3Raymond Burr=B2 version
Rialto has the ORIGINAL Japanese version sans Raymond
But there may be something odd on the PPR as I thought Movie Licensing
covered
Sony.

On 4/3/06 2:29 PM, "Rieker, Michael" <Michael.Rieker@fresnolibrary.org>
wrote:

> It is my understanding that Sony has acquired the rights to films in the =
U.S.
> and I also understood that the recent editions of the various films on D=
VD
> have been from Sony Pictures.
> =20

Re: [Videolib] PPR for Godzilla Yikes= yes they have the “Raymond Burr” version

<= FONT FACE=3D"Tahoma">-----Original Message-----
= I believe this is a lingering issue re Toho Rialto did a theatrical reissue so there is a CHANCE they might own
PPR
E mail then
At  Rialto.sales@Verizon.net

Otherwise I think Toho has an office in LA but if  you have to  a= sk you can’t afford
it

We are trying to figure out who has the public performance rights for the 1= 956 version of Godzilla that has Raymond Burr in it as Steve Martin (!) - ju= st a character name  but...
I checked first with the Movie Licensing USA site since we've got an agreem= ent with them, but they do not list this version.
On IMDB it is called "Godzilla, King of the Monsters!". The produ= ction companies listed are: Jewell Enterprises and Toho Company Ltd. There a= re six US distributors listed:  a couple say "theatrical" , o= ne says "VHS", another says "video", one says "lase= rdisc", and the last says "DVD". The first two "theatric= al" ones, also say 1956, the other versions have other years given. Can someone please help me to figure out who has the rights so I contact th= e correct people about permission to show it?

Thanks *very* much,
Patti Ruocco
Lisle Library District
ruoccop@lislelibrary.org