[Videolib] RE: Media Bank Kiosks?

Michael Vollmar-Grone (vollmami@oplin.org)
Mon, 03 Apr 2006 16:31:01 -0400

--------------040301090207070704020501

Hi Mark,
I'm looking at the machine not only from the value added after-hours
service but freeing up staffers to perform Viewers' Advisory Services.
We're still a closed stack system with no immediate plans to add a
security system to the building. The machine would be great, for
example, to stock with only the newest releases. Our customers could get
the latest features or know all copies are being used. That would allow
the staff more time to match the viewers with the rest of the
collection, giving an extra level of service we cannot provide if we're
tripping to the stacks for the umpteenth time to check for whatever the
flavor of the month currently may be. And I sure want to get the good
stuff used more.

--
Michael Vollmar-Grone
Director of Audiovisual Services

Your Unique Video Source http://amos.lib.oh.us/audiovisual.htm

Subject: RE: [Videolib] Media Bank Kiosks? From: "Mark Kopp" <iu8film@iu08.org> Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 14:18:53 -0400

To: <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>

I've seen similar in convenience stores, but have no experience with them. I'm curious though...how many DVD's do you think you would distribute (during off/after-hours) through this machine, to justify the $30k to $40k pricetag!!??...not to mention the logistics of making it work with your software and your library cards, etc. I'm not panning the idea. Anyone who reads this listserv KNOWS I love gadgets, but is the use of the machine going to be worthy of the investment? Mark

-----Original Message----- Anyone have any experience with or knowledge of the Libramation Media Bank Kiosks or similar for after hours / self serve checkouts and returns?

--------------040301090207070704020501 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

[...]

RE: [Videolib] Media Bank Kiosks?