Re: [Videolib] PPR for Godzilla

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:37:25 -0500

--B_3226916246_41081291

I believe this is a lingering issue re Toho
Rialto did a theatrical reissue so there is a CHANCE they might own
PPR
E mail then
At Rialto.sales@Verizon.net

Otherwise I think Toho has an office in LA but if you have to ask you
can=B9t afford
it

On 4/3/06 11:11 AM, "Patti Ruocco" <ruoccop@lislelibrary.org> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> We are trying to figure out who has the public performance rights for the=
1956
> version of Godzilla that has Raymond Burr in it as Steve Martin (!) - jus=
t a
> character name but...
> I checked first with the Movie Licensing USA site since we've got an agre=
ement
> with them, but they do not list this version.
> On IMDB it is called "Godzilla, King of the Monsters!". The production
> companies listed are: Jewell Enterprises and Toho Company Ltd. There are =
six
> US distributors listed: a couple say "theatrical" , one says "VHS", anot=
her
> says "video", one says "laserdisc", and the last says "DVD". The first tw=
> "theatrical" ones, also say 1956, the other versions have other years giv=
en.
> Can someone please help me to figure out who has the rights so I contact =
the
> correct people about permission to show it?
>=20
> Thanks *very* much,
> Patti Ruocco
> Lisle Library District
> ruoccop@lislelibrary.org
>=20
> Patti Ruocco
> Lisle Library District
> Phone: 630-971-1675 x117
> Email: ruoccop@lislelibrary.org

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3226916246_41081291

Re: [Videolib] PPR for Godzilla I bel= ieve this is a lingering issue re Toho
Rialto did a theatrical reissue so there is a CHANCE they might own
PPR
E mail then
At  Rialto.sales@Verizon.net

Otherwise I think Toho has an office in LA but if  you have to  a= sk you can’t afford
it

We are trying to figure out who has the public performance rights for the 1= 956 version of Godzilla that has Raymond Burr in it as Steve Martin (!) - ju= st a character name  but...
I checked first with the Movie Licensing USA site since we've got an agreem= ent with them, but they do not list this version.
On IMDB it is called "Godzilla, King of the Monsters!". The produ= ction companies listed are: Jewell Enterprises and Toho Company Ltd. There a= re six US distributors listed:  a couple say "theatrical" , o= ne says "VHS", another says "video", one says "lase= rdisc", and the last says "DVD". The first two "theatric= al" ones, also say 1956, the other versions have other years given. Can someone please help me to figure out who has the rights so I contact th= e correct people about permission to show it?

Thanks *very* much,
Patti Ruocco
Lisle Library District
ruoccop@lislelibrary.org