Re: [Videolib] Questions about disc repair

Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:43:51 -0800

hey jim!

here goes for Berkeley

> What kind of library are you (academic, public, special, school,
> system/other)?
--academic
> 1) How many libraries own a disc repair/cleaning machine and what brand is
> it?
--RTI Eco-Senior (which broke after 7 months and had to be shipped back
for repair)

> 2) Do you have an estimate of how many discs per week/month, etc. you
> repair?
--10-20 a month

> 3) Do you offer the service to other businesses in your area (for example,
> we repair DVDs for 2 local video stores on a weekly basis)?
--No...I have offered use of the machine to several other media units
on campus; so far no takers.

> 4) Do you offer the service to your patrons? Who performs this service in
> your library (we have trained a page/custodian to operate the machines)?
--Not overtly, but if someone asked, I'd run a disc thru for them

> 5) If you don't have a machine now, do you plan to get one in the future?
> If you don't have a machine now, do you forsee a use for one or too much
> trouble to bother?
> 6) How large is your DVD and CD music, CD audio collections (volumes)
--about 5,500 DVD; about 100 CD audio; about 35 CD-ROMS