[Videolib] multiple copy purchases

John Fossett (jfossett@krl.org)
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:11:40 -0800

We're gathering information on the pros & cons of purchasing multiple
copies of a title. Right now there are circumstances where we buy only
one copy of a title (mainly media & NF purchases) and we're looking into
the idea of setting the minimum number to more than one.
While I prefer to hear from smaller library systems, as many of you work
for larger systems which require multiple copy purchases, I'm interested
in any information on the subject. Your help will be appreciated.

John F. Fossett
Media Librarian
Kitsap Regional Library
1301 Sylvan Way
Bremerton, WA 98310

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jessica
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 3:09 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] classroom/ educational use charges

Interesting idea but what happens if you need more than even Netflix
let you use ? Also they got "outed" for prioritizing customers based on
so there is some potential to be screwed if you want particularly
films. Perhaps you can do more than one membership at a time.
Certainly a practical idea for something you might only use once a year
But drawbacks in terms of putting things on reserve and being 100%
they are going to be available