RE: [Videolib] Question about Section 108

Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:21:41 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C652A5.399FA6CF

Patty,=20

=20

My understanding is that this only applies if the copy is made in
digital (not analog) format. Those in digital format cannot circulate
outside the library. This could change, as section 108 is currently
under review. However, for the time being, this is the case. I suppose
one could digitize one of the three allowed copies and keep that copy in
the library at all times.

=20

Are you making copies from your deteriorating copies, or from a better
quality copy borrowed from another institution? I assume these are all
videos that are not available in an unused form for a fair price, not
just all deteriorating videos.=20

=20

mb

=20