Re: [Videolib] ISBN numbers

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:38:22 -0500

--B_3226300702_4391824

I just didn=B9t want Gary to get mad at me by bogging it down
The problem appears to be that we would have to get ISBN numbers on EVERY
title
Including some VERY obscure ones on VHS that sell less than 10 copies a yea=
The cost of roughly $1500 for 1000 numbers MIGHT be OK if I thought it
would really
Sell more copies. I think the one odd advantage for a number of Kino title=
is that
We have a lot of restored versions of otherwise PD films and we want
libraries
To know which ones are ours.

Frankly I got two useful off list respones
One pro from a librarian one saying it was not worth it from Mike Tribby
Of Quality books

On 3/27/06 10:11 AM, "Herownword@aol.com" <Herownword@aol.com> wrote:

> Jessica, why privately? Since the original query was mine, I'm also
> interested in the responses. Thanks.
> =20
> Jocelyn Riley
> HerOwnWords.com
> NontraditionalCareers.com
>=20

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3226300702_4391824

Re: [Videolib] ISBN numbers I jus= t didn’t want Gary to get mad at me by bogging it down
The problem appears to be that we would have  to get ISBN numbers on E= VERY title
Including some VERY obscure ones on VHS that sell less than 10 copies a yea= r
The cost of roughly  $1500 for 1000 numbers MIGHT be OK if I thought i= t would really
Sell more copies. I think the one odd advantage for a  number of Kino = titles is that