Re: [Videolib] Vendors that give reduced pricing for replacement

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:59:54 -0500

--B_3226057195_150914295

I am pretty sure this would be obvious but this sort of thing would only
apply to high end
educational titles that are frankly expensive. Since our stuff retails for
$30 or less this is not really an issue
Unless of course the title arrives damaged.

On 3/24/06 1:43 PM, "Brewer, Michael" <brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu> wrote:

> All,
>
> Does anyone have a list of vendors/distributors, etc. who give a discount for
> second copies or for replacements for damaged, lost or stolen copies of their
> VHS or DVDs that a library (or other institution) has previously purchased? I
> seem to remember that Bullfrog films does this (25 dollars replacement cost),
> but am not sure if there are others that offer this (either for a range of the
> films that sell, or for all of them). If anyone has a list, could they please
> reply? Also, if any of the vendors, makers or distributors offer this feature
> to libraries (or others), I would like to hear from you. I expect this may be
> of interest to others on the list, so please reply to the entire list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> mb
>
> Michael Brewer
> Slavic Studies, German Studies & Media Arts Librarian
> University of Arizona Library A210
> 1510 E. University
> P.O. Box 210055
> Tucson, AZ 85721
> Voice: 520.307.2771
> Fax: 520.621.9733
> brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3226057195_150914295

Re: [Videolib] Vendors that give reduced pricing for replacement cop= ies of damage/lost/stolen VHS or DVDs I am = pretty sure this would be obvious but this sort of thing would only apply to= high end