Re: [Videolib] ISBN #s

Susan Weber (sweber@langara.bc.ca)
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:00:37 -0800

Folks, The "b" in ISBN stands for BOOK.
There has been a quiet movement to create an international standard for
Audio-Visual, called ISAN, but it is voluntary.
Few producers know about it and even fewer use it.
The explanation for international standard numbers is at this site:
http://www.isbn-international.org/en/links/cilinks.html
Click down a few screens and you'll see the
ISAN link, http://www.isan.org

For those in the U.S., alas it is Bowker who assigns the ISBN,
http://www.isbn-international.org/en/agencies/usa.html

Cheers,
Susan

--

Susan Weber, Media Librarian

Langara College, Advanced Education Media

Acquisitions Centre_

100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver, B.C. V5Y 2Z6

Tel. 604-323-5533 email: sweber@langara.bc.ca

Fast Forward Media Showcase, May 2-3, 2006

http://www.langara.bc.ca/ffwd

http://www.langara.bc.ca/aemac