Re: [Videolib] ISBN #s

MileFilms@aol.com
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:50:37 EST

--part1_67.574c0721.315320ad_boundary

In a message dated 3/22/06 3:48:54 PM, jrosner@kino.com writes:

> I am a tad confused by all this. All our films just get assigned ISBN
> numbers. We have nothing to do
> With it. Does it make that much difference to have the same prefix?

I always thought that the case, and it does seem like some nice librarian or
person does that just to help out others. But it does help to buy them and
have them on the DVD or VHS itself. I believe it cost us about $900 to $1600
total (sorry, I'm in South Carolina at a film conference so I don't have my notes
here) to join and buy the first 100 ISBN numbers, so it's a bit of an
investment, but not a crazy, outlandish sum for those who are bringing out that many
titles over the course of a few years.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video/Milliarium Zero
PO Box 128