Re: [Videolib] ISBN #s

Marlene Graham (mgraham@york.cuny.edu)
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:04:17 -0500

Having been a media distribution director and a video librarian and media
resource manager I see where the institutional folks are confused. Jocelyn
is asking about obtaining ISBN numbers for the DVDs she produces and
distributes for sale.

It is my expererience as a distributor that Bowker is it. That you must
purchase ISBNs and there's no way around it. As a video librarian as the
others have said they are very useful and necessary.

Cheers,
Marlene (aka Afua Kafi-Akua)

Marlene Graham
Media Resources Manager
York College
The City University of New York
Center for Academic Computing and Education Technology
Academic Core Building, 4G02A
94-20 Guy R. Brewer Blvd.
Jamaica, NY 11451
Phone: 718-262-2753