(no subject)

videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:23:54 -0800 (PST)

h=Received:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:To:Subject:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:23:43 -0500 (EST)
From: bookbinder@earthlink.net
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] ISBN #s
Sender: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu

Now I'm confused. Wasn't the original poster looking to acquire ISBNs to apply to original works-- so that once the work (book, video, ??) is out in the marketplace or librarys, users can find it? Checked out her website and she seems to be a publisher. Does Bowker have a strangle hold on ISBNs and are small publishers priced out of acquiring them? Interesting while being appalling.

The answers have been geared to finding ISBNs for a particular item, and its usefullness in a catalog record. Different idea but of interest to many of us, particularly catalogers. (I really like the ISBN.nu site, good to know about.)

Sue Picker