RE: [Videolib] Legit company/dvd?

Speirs, Sr Gilmary (speirs@es.marywood.edu)
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:19:04 -0500

Our music department liaison requested that we purchase this title.as
described in the Original Message below. The music cataloger and the
liaison verified and are satisfied with the content. The DVD label was
incorrect; we notified Classical Video Rarities and they sent a replacement
with a corrected label.

Sr. Gilmary Speirs, IHM
Collection Management Librarian for Non-Print
Marywood University Library
2300 Adams Ave.
Scranton, PA 18509
speirs@marywood.edu
(570)348-6266
FAX: 570-961-4769

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of mmay
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 3:21 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Legit company/dvd?

Hi,

I've been asked to purchase a dvd from a web site called "Classical Video
Rarities." The dvd is for "Stravinsky Rite of Spring Documentary and
complete performance by the Joffrey Ballet" according to the web site; the
oclc record which I was given cites the title as "The search for Nijinsky's
Rite of spring."

Anyone know anything about this? The information given on the web site
both about this title and about the company itself is so sketchy, I'm
doubtful they are legitimate. Evidently this title is something for which
Music librarians have been waiting lo these many years... If this company
is dubious, does anyone know where I can purchase a legit copy, either on
dvd or on video?

Thanks for your help!

MM

Margery L. May