Re: [Videolib] out of print titles

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:59:59 -0800

--Apple-Mail-4--703041118

Regarding the Paypal limit, which I hit sometime last year; after much=20=

fussing and fuming with both my institution and Paypal, neither of=20
which showed any flexibility, I listed my own bank account number in=20
the Paypal account. I NEVER use my bank account for purchases, which=20
means every time before making a Paypal purchase I have to change the=20
payment option to credit card (the University's) and click through the=20=

Paypal message about 'wouldn't it be easier to just use the bank=20
account' message, but that seemed to be the only thing that would work.

Yes, someday I will regret this.

Brigid Duffy
Media Acquisitions
Academic Technology
San Francisco State University
San Francisco, CA 94132-4200
E-mail: bduffy@sfsu.edu

On Monday, March 20, 2006, at 08:21 AM, Gary Handman wrote:

> We buy tons of OP stuff from amazon...a real boon!=A0 We have had a=20
> couple of bum transactions, but generally working thru amazon=20
> marketplace works like a charm.=A0 We've set up and institutional=20
> account pegged to a credit card number to handle these transactions.
>
> Ebay pretty much sucks for library business.=A0 Paypal (the only real=20=

> way to pay) has a top life-of-account limit--it's something like 2=20
> grand.=A0 Once you hit this limit, you need to give paypay access to a=20=

> bank account--something no institution in its right mind would do.
>
> Gary Handman

--Apple-Mail-4--703041118

Regarding the Paypal limit, which I hit sometime last year; after much
fussing and fuming with both my institution and Paypal, neither of
which showed any flexibility, I listed my own bank account number in
the Paypal account. I NEVER use my bank account for purchases, which
means every time before making a Paypal purchase I have to change the
payment option to credit card (the University's) and click through the
Paypal message about 'wouldn't it be easier to just use the bank
account' message, but that seemed to be the only thing that would work.

Yes, someday I will regret this.

Brigid Duffy

Media Acquisitions

Academic Technology

San Francisco State University

San Francisco, CA 94132-4200

E-mail: bduffy@sfsu.edu

amazon...a real boon!=A0 We have had a couple of bum transactions, but
generally working thru amazon marketplace works like a charm.=A0 We've
set up and institutional account pegged to a credit card number to
handle these transactions.

Ebay pretty much sucks for library business.=A0 Paypal (the only real
way to pay) has a top life-of-account limit--it's something like 2
grand.=A0 Once you hit this limit, you need to give paypay access to a
bank account--something no institution in its right mind would do.

Gary Handman

</excerpt>=

--Apple-Mail-4--703041118--