RE: [Videolib] Need Turkish Films w/PPR

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:32:46 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6485E.DB11D772

Thanks, Jessica. You are very helpful, and a credit to the listserv.
=20
Best,
Monique
=20

________________________________

From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jessica
Rosner
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 11:37 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Need Turkish Films w/PPR

Monique
I am afraid you will never get any kind of one stop PPR shopping for
a particular geography or genre and there are relatively few Turkish
films
available in the US and fewer with PPR.
feature films , especially foreign ones are very tricky re PPR
The first thing would be to see what titles are in print , after that
Yyu will have to track them one by one to figure out who owns the
PPR. The bad news is that MOST foreign films are on limited time
contracts
generally 7 to 10 years and many small companies specializing in foreign
films have gone out of business in the last 10 years. This rather deadly
combination is probably going to mean that there are VERY few Turkish
Films you can obtain PPR on ( without going overseas to producers etc)
Kino is about to release two by Otal Ioseliani but I doubt we have PPR
(can't check as they are not yet listed in our database) but could at
least
dig out contact info for sales agent. You can check Amazon in the off
chance
YOL is out on DVD on the Sony label in which case Swank would own it
But again pretty much going to be a title by title search of what has
been
Released legally in the US on DVD and if you can track the PPR rights on
those

HAVE FUN