Re: [Videolib] Need Turkish Films w/PPR

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:37:15 -0500

--B_3225267436_103521372

Monique
I am afraid you will never get any kind of one stop PPR shopping for
a particular geography or genre and there are relatively few Turkish films
available in the US and fewer with PPR.
feature films , especially foreign ones are very tricky re PPR
The first thing would be to see what titles are in print , after that
Yyu will have to track them one by one to figure out who owns the
PPR. The bad news is that MOST foreign films are on limited time contracts
generally 7 to 10 years and many small companies specializing in foreign
films have gone out of business in the last 10 years. This rather deadly
combination is probably going to mean that there are VERY few Turkish
Films you can obtain PPR on ( without going overseas to producers etc)
Kino is about to release two by Otal Ioseliani but I doubt we have PPR
(can=B9t check as they are not yet listed in our database) but could at least
dig out contact info for sales agent. You can check Amazon in the off chanc=
YOL is out on DVD on the Sony label in which case Swank would own it
But again pretty much going to be a title by title search of what has been
Released legally in the US on DVD and if you can track the PPR rights on
those

HAVE FUN

On 3/15/06 10:26 AM, "Threatt, Monique L" <mthreatt@indiana.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
> =20
> Can someone recommend a distributor in the United States for Turkish film=
> with PPR?
> =20
> Thanks,
> =20
> *************************
> Monique Threatt=20
> Librarian for Media, and Communication & Culture
> Herman B Wells Library, W121
> Indiana University
> Bloomington, IN 47405
> T: (812) 855-9857
> F: (812) 855-1649
> E: mthreatt@indiana.edu
>=20
> =20
>=20
>=20

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3225267436_103521372

Re: [Videolib] Need Turkish Films w/PPR Moniq= ue
I am afraid you will never get any kind of one stop PPR shopping for
a particular geography or genre and there are relatively few Turkish films<= BR> available in the US and fewer with PPR.
feature films , especially foreign ones are very tricky re PPR
The first thing would be to see what titles are in print , after that
Yyu will have to track them one by one to figure out who owns the
PPR. The bad news is that MOST foreign films are on limited time contracts<= BR> generally 7 to 10 years and many small companies specializing in foreign films have gone out of business in the last 10 years. This rather deadly combination is probably going to mean that there are VERY few Turkish
Films you can obtain PPR on ( without going overseas to producers etc)
Kino is about to release two by Otal Ioseliani but I doubt we have PPR
(can’t check as they are not yet listed in our database) but could at= least
dig out contact info for sales agent. You can check Amazon in the off chanc= e
YOL is out on DVD on the Sony label in which case Swank would own it
But again pretty much going to be a title by title search of what has been<= BR> Released legally in the US on DVD and if you can track the PPR rights on th= ose

HAVE FUN

Can someone recommend a dis= tributor in the United States for Turkish films with PPR?

Thanks,

Monique Threatt