Re: [Videolib] Does loose filing of DVDs cause scratches?

Jerry Notaro (notaro@stpt.usf.edu)
Tue, 07 Mar 2006 08:00:27 -0500

I'll have to disagree with your assessment Melissa. How can it be a labor
and space saver when you adding extra steps for staff time and extra space
at check out? And unless your circulation staff are trained in proper
handling of unsleeved DVD's and are wearing white cotton gloves you are sure
to have problems with the DVD's playing. We have been using Kwik Kases on
the regular shelves for years and are true labor and money savers. Others
strip the discs and put clear covers on them, which also is an option.

Jerry Notaro, Media Librarian