Re: [Videolib] Edited Movies

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 01 Mar 2006 16:12:19 -0500

I should probably feel guilty but every once in while when some
poor HS teacher calls and asks what they need to "do" in order to
show BELLE OF AMHERST or ICEMAN COMETH to their English class I say
"put it in your machine and press play" It is sweet of them to ask
and there is some comfort in their ignorance of copyright law going
in my favor but too bad there is often so little knowledge of basic
copyright law

On 3/1/06 3:06 PM, "Bergman, Barbara J" <barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu> wrote:

> Ciara - You win for crazy situation!
>
> Whereas, my teacher friend was told by her administration to ask for
> permission to show "Twister" in her 8th grade science class during the
> tornado unit. After the second or third time of asking, the film
> company sent her information about educational fair use, and told her to
> quit asking.
> (Fun project - they study storm chasers and then analyze the movie for
> facts & errors, such as all the safety guidelines that are ignored.)
>
> bb

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International