Re: [Videolib] Looking for An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge

MileFilms@aol.com
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:14:13 EST

--part1_7f.703d20f2.31375a95_boundary

In a message dated 3/1/06 2:53:10 PM, mtwchk@udel.edu writes:

> Out of curiosity I took a look at the three copies of this production
> that we have in our collection (one old VHS copy, the Monterey DVD, and
> a selection from 'Treasures from the Twilight Zone' on VHS).=A0 Far and
> away the best quality transfer is the Twilight Zone VHS (followed
> distantly by the older VHS).=A0 The DVD transfer was of the lowest quality
> -- it is murky and blurred and even has a disclaimer.=A0 Just some food
> for thought for anyone who may be considering a purchase (and an
> interesting example for folks who might think that the medium is the
> most important factor when it comes to quality!).
>=20

And not to beat a horse to death, but the new Image Entertainment DVD releas=
e=20
of the Twilight Zone series got a lot of raves for their quality so I suspec=
t=20
their DVD is even better than the VHS...=20

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035
Email: milefilms@aol.com
Website: http://www.milestonefilms.com

"Welcome to New Jersey.
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Big Hair, Big Heart, Big Fun!"
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0- Amy Heller

--part1_7f.703d20f2.31375a95_boundary

Out of curiosity I to= ok a look at the three copies of this production
that we have in our collection (one old VHS copy, the Monterey DVD, and
a selection from 'Treasures from the Twilight Zone' on VHS).=A0 Far and
away the best quality transfer is the Twilight Zone VHS (followed
distantly by the older VHS).=A0 The DVD transfer was of the lowest quality -- it is murky and blurred and even has a disclaimer.=A0 Just some food
for thought for anyone who may be considering a purchase (and an
interesting example for folks who might think that the medium is the
most important factor when it comes to quality!).

And not to beat a horse to death, but the new Image Entertainment DVD rel= ease of the Twilight Zone series got a lot of raves for their quality so I s= uspect their DVD is even better than the VHS...