Re: [Videolib] Looking for An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge

Meghann Matwichuk (mtwchk@udel.edu)
Wed, 01 Mar 2006 14:22:40 -0500

Out of curiosity I took a look at the three copies of this production
that we have in our collection (one old VHS copy, the Monterey DVD, and
a selection from 'Treasures from the Twilight Zone' on VHS). Far and
away the best quality transfer is the Twilight Zone VHS (followed
distantly by the older VHS). The DVD transfer was of the lowest quality
-- it is murky and blurred and even has a disclaimer. Just some food
for thought for anyone who may be considering a purchase (and an
interesting example for folks who might think that the medium is the
most important factor when it comes to quality!).

Best,

Meghann R. Matwichuk, M.S.
Assistant Librarian
Instructional Media Department