RE: [Videolib] Edited Movies

Bergman, Barbara J (barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu)
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:20:02 -0600

Although I'm scratching my head as to what they could possibly have
found to edit in Wallace & Gromit or Pride & Prejudice (these are
apparently people who also complain about language on broadcast TV), I
know that using editted films is often the only way that K-12 teachers
can show some films -- over-zealous administrators who are concerned
about over-reactive parents tend to issue edicts about R-rated films --
so I guess it meets a need.

~Barb

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Kathy
Turnquist
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:15 AM
To: Videolib
Subject: [Videolib] Edited Movies

Is this site the reincarnation of FamilySafeMedia?

CleanFlicks http://cleanflicks.com/index.html
"We are the leading provider of Edited Hollywood movies. We remove all:
Profanity, Nudity, Graphic Violence, Sexual Content. Over 700 Edited
titles!"

Reading the list of profanity they promise to edit out, I had to laugh
while I guessed at all the "B-, H-, D-, and S-words" they might mean.
(Those are bad words?)
Kathy

--
Kathy Turnquist, Director