Re: [Videolib] Creating a "Finding Media" searchable database

Judith Thomas (jthomas@virginia.edu)
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:09:16 -0500

--Apple-Mail-6--434200359
delsp=yes;
format=flowed

In our implementation of SIRSI's Unicorn, see index list on left (the
look will change with the release of a new interface later this year,
but it will still include a separate link for a video search)

http://virgo.lib.virginia.edu/

(login as guest)

On Feb 27, 2006, at 4:24 PM, Gary Handman wrote:

> Ours for feature films only:
> http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/moviedb.html
>

> At 12:00 PM 2/27/2006, you wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm sure this question has come up before.
>>
>> I am trying to convince my institution to create an internal "Find
>> Media" searchable database that will interact with our current
>> library on-line cataloging system -- not very different from how
>> to "Find a Book" or "Find an Article."
>>
>> I think several years ago, some of you shared your internal search
>> database with the list.
>> Would you mind contacting me off-line so I can see some examples?
>>
>> Here are two that I'm familiar with:
>>
>> University of Maryland Digital Films: http://www.lib.umd.edu/dcr/
>> collections.html
>>
>> Trexler Library Home Page: http://www.muhlenberg.edu/library/
>> > Finding Media > Videos > http://www.muhlenberg.edu/library/media/
>> videos.html
>>
>> Others?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> *************************
>> Monique Threatt
>> Librarian for Media, and Communication & Culture
>> Herman B Wells Library, W121
>> Indiana University
>> Bloomington, IN 47405
>> T: (812) 855-9857
>> F: (812) 855-1649
>> E: mthreatt@indiana.edu
> Gary Handman
> Director
> Media Resources Center
> Moffitt Library
> UC Berkeley
> ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
> http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
>
> *****
>
> "In societies where modern conditions of production prevail,
> all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation
> of spectacles."
> --Guy Debord

Judith Thomas
Director, Robertson Media Center
Clemons Library
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA 22904
(434) 924-8814 | jthomas@virginia.edu

--Apple-Mail-6--434200359

In our implementation of SIRSI's = Unicorn, see index list on left (the look will change with the release = of a new interface later this year, but it will still include a separate = link for a video search)

http://virgo.lib.virginia.edu/<= /DIV>

(login as = guest)

I'm sure this question has come up before.=A0
=

I am trying to convince my institution to = create an internal "Find Media" searchable database that will interact = with our current library on-line cataloging system -- not very different = from how to "Find a Book" or "Find an Article."

I think several years ago, some of you shared your internal = search database with the list.=A0
Would you = mind contacting me off-line so I can see some examples?

= Here are two that I'm familiar with:

= University of Maryland Digital Films:=A0 = http://www.lib.umd.edu/dcr/collections.html

Trexler = Library Home Page:=A0=A0=A0 http://www.muhlenberg.edu/library/ =A0 > = Finding Media > Videos > = http://www.muhlenberg.edu/library/media/videos.html

Others?

Thanks in = advance.

Best,

= *************************
Monique = Threatt
Librarian for Media, and = Communication & Culture
Herman B Wells = Library, W121
Indiana University =
Bloomington, IN=A0 47405
T:=A0=A0 (812) 855-9857
F:=A0 = (812) 855-1649
E:=A0 mthreatt@indiana.edu =

Media = Resources Center
Moffitt Library
UC Berkeley
ghandman@library.berkeley.ed= u
= http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC

*****

"In societies = where modern conditions of production prevail,
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0= =A0=A0 all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation of = spectacles."
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 --Guy Debord =