Re: [Videolib] Creating a "Finding Media" searchable database

Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:24:17 -0800

--=====================_20536171==.ALT

Ours for feature films only:
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/moviedb.html

At 12:00 PM 2/27/2006, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm sure this question has come up before.
>
>I am trying to convince my institution to create an internal "Find
>Media" searchable database that will interact with our current
>library on-line cataloging system -- not very different from how to
>"Find a Book" or "Find an Article."
>
>I think several years ago, some of you shared your internal search
>database with the list.
>Would you mind contacting me off-line so I can see some examples?
>
>Here are two that I'm familiar with:
>
>University of Maryland Digital
>Films:
><http://www.lib.umd.edu/dcr/collections.html>http://www.lib.umd.edu/dcr/collections.html
>

>Trexler Library Home
>Page:
><http://www.muhlenberg.edu/library/>http://www.muhlenberg.edu/library/
> > Finding Media > Videos >
><http://www.muhlenberg.edu/library/media/videos.html>http://www.muhlenberg.edu/library/media/videos.html
>
>Others?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Best,
>
>*************************
>Monique Threatt
>Librarian for Media, and Communication & Culture
>Herman B Wells Library, W121
>Indiana University
>Bloomington, IN 47405
>T: (812) 855-9857
>F: (812) 855-1649
>E: mthreatt@indiana.edu

UC Berkeley

*****

spectacles."
--Guy Debord

At 12:00 PM 2/27/2006, you wrote:

Hello,

I'm sure this question has come up before.

I am trying to convince my institution to create an internal "Find Media" searchable database that will interact with our current library on-line cataloging system -- not very different from how to "Find a Book" or "Find an Article."

I think several years ago, some of you shared your internal search database with the list.
Would you mind contacting me off-line so I can see some examples?

Here are two that I'm familiar with:

University of Maryland Digital Films:  http://www.lib.umd.edu/dcr/collections.html

Trexler Library Home Page:    http://www.muhlenberg.edu/library/   > Finding Media > Videos > http://www.muhlenberg.edu/library/media/videos.html

Others?