RE: [Videolib] LearMedia?

Mark Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:40:25 -0500

[ (Am I the only one who looks at Videolib as a resource in this way?
You know, quoting Gary and Dennis and Jessica and...? :-))]

Instead of quoting, just use the following line, when they question your
decision...when they ask..."Why not?"
"BECAUSE I SAID SO, DAMNIT!!"...btw, it's more effective on a
Monday...preferably in the morning...and before coffee, to give ya more
of an edge in your tone!

Mark

From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Susan
Albrecht
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 3:43 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] LearMedia?

Eileen wrote:
>I have looked at this site before and have not purchased from them.
>They list titles that are available from traditional distributors and
>are in no way in public domain. Our Library has a firm policy that we
>do not buy bootleg copies of media.

As do we. Earlier in my time here (how did ten years pass by
already?!), I believe I may have made one purchase which I'd have been
wiser to have not made, in terms of not adequately assessing the
likelihood of "bootleggedness." But I would never knowingly or
flippantly acquire something dubious.

Thanks to all of you who've provided comments about this company. I
didn't even browse their listings much, since there was one particular
title this prof was after, and, truth be told, I love having you guys
out there so that I can fire off an inquiry, knowing that people far
more knowledgable than I are going to weigh in with the inside scoop.
It provides me with very nice backup indeed when I provide a prof with
an unpopular response, you know?

(Am I the only one who looks at Videolib as a resource in this way? You
know, quoting Gary and Dennis and Jessica and...? :-))

Susan

Susan Albrecht
Acquisitions Coordinator
Wabash College Lilly Library