Re: [Videolib] Home Use

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:49:50 -0500

I am sure you will get the same answer from several folks
But GO FOR IT.
Unless you always need Public Performance Rights there is no
difference. No such thing as "educatonal/institutional use"
There is pretty much only what will call standard use ( classes.
Library collection etc ) and anything needing PPR such as a public showing (
anything that is shown that is not limited to students in a class)
or cable broadcast. So unless you need that you can anything you would
with any other title you purchase

Jessica

On 2/22/06 4:17 PM, "Ciara Healy" <cmhealy@waketech.edu> wrote:

> I am looking into buying a video from PBS's Frontline series and the
> only copy I can find is the "PBS Home Video" version. I am pretty sure
> that a home video doesn't have the same privileges as a copy that is
> meant for educational/institutional use.
>
> Could it be that this excellent video can be mine for the low, low
> price of $29.95?
>
> If I can't find a "price marked up for colleges" DVD, can I purchase
> and lend the home use one?
>
> Ciara Healy
> Media Services Librarian
>
> Bruce I. Howell Library