Re: [Videolib] Documentary films on poverty in America?

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:36:26 -0800

We recently picked up "Life in a Basket" from Free Speech TV
(http://www.freespeech.org or call (303) 442-8445)

Filmmaker David Hogan asked homeless people the 7th Street Salvation
Army center in Los Angeles what they kept in their shopping carts, and
this short film about friendship, hustling, drugs, crime, living on the
nickel and survival on the streets resulted. Letterboxed.

33 minutes, made in 2003 - $25 plus shipping.

Brigid Duffy
Media Acquisitions
Academic Technology
San Francisco State University