Re: [Videolib] Rights for "Nuit et brouillard=Night and Fog",

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:45:51 -0500

Night and Fog is Janus/Criterion
E mail sarah@criterionco.com
TRIUMPH of the Will is PD because no one other than Reifenstahl
Claimed rights and hers could not be enforced
Of course if someone put out a version with NEW titles I suppose
They could copyright those

On 2/22/06 12:57 PM, "Jeanne Little" <jeanne.little@uni.edu> wrote:

> Greetings, All!
>
> Our library currently owns on vhs format:
>
> "Nuit et brouillard=Night and Fog" (1955), Argos Films/Home Vision
> Cinema, 1997
> and
> "Triumph des Willens=Triumph of the Wills" (1935), Timeless Video, 1996
>
> Our university is planning numerous campus-wide sessions on the
> Holocaust, and several faculty members are interested in obtaining
> public performance rights for non-paid admission in an educational
> setting for these two titles.
>
> Does anyone know who owns the rights to these to titles that I could
> contact for possible permission or a public performance license? I have
> emails outstanding to Criterion Collections, and to a French company,
> Allocine. No responses back yet.
>
> Thanks for any and all information you can supply. It will be very much
> appreciated.
>
> Jeanne Little

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner