[Videolib] Re: [Vidalia] question on copyrights

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:16:53 -0500

Well again I think we have to agree to disagree
irregardless of the issue of streaming I don't think
there is ANY circumstance in which "fair use' can be interpreted
to cover an entire feature film. It never has been and every guideline
I have ever seen issued by both distributors and educational media
has been pretty clear about this. How and if distributors want to
And can license rights for films which they own is another issue.

The question of changing the format and inevitable insecurity of
"password" protection have been valid points but the bottom line
to me is that "Fair Use' will NEVER cover an entire film book
article etc