RE: [Videolib] DVD recording formats (was DVD-R)

Mark Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:12:21 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C637B9.FF6F9C17

Actually, at one time, on the consumer end, the difference between DVD+R
and DVD-R was mainly the brand of computer. As a matter of fact, anyone
who ever purchased DVD recordables from Sam's Club may have noticed on
the side of the big box displays the brand names of computers, and you
purchased your product accordingly. With all the cross-over of
technology, it's no longer the norm.
________________________________

From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of
MileFilms@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:48 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] DVD recording formats (was DVD-R)

In a message dated 2/21/06 3:46:19 PM, mthreatt@indiana.edu writes:

However, it was noted that DVD+ are used primarily with Macs.
=09

Actually, my Superdrive Mac only plays DVD-Rs so I suspect that might
not be true.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035
Email: milefilms@aol.com
Website: http://www.milestonefilms.com

"Welcome to New Jersey.
Big Hair, Big Heart, Big Fun!"
- Amy Heller

------_=_NextPart_001_01C637B9.FF6F9C17

Actually, at one time, on the consumer end, = the=20 difference between DVD+R and DVD-R  was mainly the brand of = computer. As a=20 matter of fact, anyone who ever purchased DVD recordables from = Sam's Club=20 may have noticed on the side of the big box displays the brand = names of=20 computers, and you purchased your product accordingly. With all the = cross-over of technology, it's no longer the norm.