[Videolib] re: DVD-R - not a stable format - Much more stable, if

chip (chip@chiptaylor.com)
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:49:06 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0300_01C63613.A718D9A0

First, thanks to Mark Kopp for posting his article on this topic, it is very
thorough and should help a lot of people.

Also I wanted to add a perspective that I've maintained ever since CTC
released its first DVD. No customer needs to have any concerns when ordering
DVDs from CTC, each is produced with the highest quality.

Some do take shortcuts in creating DVDs, and, yes, now those shortcuts are
beginning to surface, as educators or patrons begin to use the DVDs of
lesser quality. However, those DVDs of lesser quality should not be used to
frighten customers away. As a producing-distributor, I never take shortcuts
when it comes to creating DVDs or Digital Files. Some may take shortcuts by
not creating menus for their DVDs, some may use less expensive DVDs as
masters, some may not use the best machines to duplicate their DVDs, some
may not encode the DVDs at the highest quality. These are key reasons why a
lot of those DVDs of lesser quality don't work on DVD players. Taking
shortcuts may save them some money upfront, but in the long run it's not a
good decision, it's not good business. Customers can be assured that CTC
takes no shortcuts when producing its DVDs.

As this article confirmed, creating a DVD is not a 100% guarantee that it
will work on every player, and for that reason CTC will replace any DVD that
may not work for up to a year Free of Charge; however, because of the high
standards we use in creating our DVDs, our utilization % is extremely close
to 100%.

Customers can increase the %s by working with vendors who don't take
shortcuts and who guarantee a replacement for any possible incompatibility.

Sincerely.

Chip Taylor, President

www.chiptaylor.com