[Videolib] Re: Recent Title on Women's Issues / Globilization

deg farrelly (deg.farrelly@asu.edu)
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:49:34 -0700

--Boundary_(ID_+54UniymqngOOA/TSbjC/w)

We acquire many titles on globalization themes...

I have to say that, in general, some of the best =B3bang for the buck=B2, IMHO,
are the Bullfrog Films video series =B3Life=B2. While no one video will give a=
complete overall view (really... How could you sum up the condition of the
world=B9s women in ONE video!) the individual programs are superb.

Life, City Life, Life III, Life IV
http://www.bullfrogfilms.com/catalog/ls.html

And while it=B9s older that Postcards.... You might also consider their
series: A Woman=B9s Place (6 10 minute films for the UN Beijing Conference
on Women)
http://www.bullfrogfilms.com/catalog/awp.html

--
deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Arizona State University at the West Campus

From: Meghann Matwichuk <mtwchk@udel.edu>

Subject: [Videolib] Recent Title on Women's Issues / Globilization

Dear Collective Brain,

I have been trying to locate possible titles for a faculty who has been using Postcards from the Future for some time now, and who would like to us= e something similar in scope and tone that is more up-to-date (Postcards was released in 1997). Our catalog description of this title reads "This program features women throughout the world who are working toward gaining power and making a difference." Can anyone think of any similar titles tha= t have been released within the last, say, 2-3 years? Or know of any program= s currently in development? I have suggested Peace x Peace: Women on the Frontlines and a handful of other possibilities, but am still looking for the right one. This is the faculty's wishlist:

"It should be something just as engaging as this one, but it doesn't only have to show accomplishments....sort of a snapshot of worldwide women's issues, looking at several key countries. I like this one because it links women's activism with environmental activism, peace activism and efforts to address violence against women."

Thanks in advance,

****************************** Meghann R. Matwichuk

--Boundary_(ID_+54UniymqngOOA/TSbjC/w) Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

Re: Recent Title on Women's Issues / Globilization We ac= quire many titles on globalization themes...

I have to say that, in general, some of the best “bang for the buck&#= 8221;, IMHO, are the Bullfrog Films video series “Life”.  W= hile no one video will give an complete overall view (really... How could yo= u sum up the condition of the world’s women in ONE video!) the individ= ual programs are superb.

Life, City Life, Life III, Life IV
http://www.bullfrogf= ilms.com/catalog/ls.html

And while it’s older that Postcards.... You might also consider their= series:  A Woman’s Place  (6 10 minute films for the UN Bei= jing Conference on Women)

From: Meghann Matwichuk <mtwchk@udel.edu>