Re: [Videolib] Searching for video from Argentina Sur

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:54:55 +0100

Dear George,

you can get the title from this (first class!) mailorder shop in
Switzerland
https://www.trigon-film.org/de/shop.php?aid=350
(DVD-PAL, in Spanish with English subtitles, probably region code 0
- you need multistandard equipment PAL to NTSC!)

Seems to be unavailable in Argentina and the US.

With kind regards
Peter Delin
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
http://buecherei.netbib.de/coma/FilmSearch/

goberle schrieb:
>
> Dear list,
> I have been asked to purchase a copy of Sur (The South) a 1988 Argentine
> film. I can't find a vendor anywhere to purchase this. Does anyone have
> any ideas?
> George
>
> Sur
>
> Fernando E Solanus; Susu Pecoraro; Miguel Angel
> Sola; Philippe Léotard
> 1980-1989? Spanish Visual Material :
> Videorecording : VHS tape 1 videocassette (127 min.) : sd., col. ;
> 1/2 in. Argentina : Argentina Sono Film Video,
>
> A love affair set against the background of
> contemporary Argentinian politics.
>
> Availability: Check the catalogs in your library. Libraries
> worldwide that own item: 6 Search Mason Catalog
> Find Items About: Sur20
> Title: Sur
> Author(s): Solanus, Fernando E. ; Pecoraro, Susu. ; Sola,
> Miguel Angel. ; Léotard, Philippe.
> Publication: Argentina :; Argentina Sono Film Video,
> Year: 1980-1989?
> Description: 1 videocassette (127 min.) :; sd., col. ;; 1/2 in.
> Language: Spanish
> Abstract: A love affair set against the background of
> contemporary Argentinian politics.
> Note(s): In Spanish./ Title from container./ Originally
> released as motion picture by Cinesur S.A./ VHS format (PAL)./ "50."/
> Participants: Susu Pecoraro, Miguel A. Sola, Philippe Leotard.
> Class Descriptors: LC: PN1997
> Responsibility: un film realizado por Fernando E. Solanas.
> Material Type: Videorecording (vid); Videocassette (vca); VHS tape
> (vhs)
> Document Type: Visual Material
> Entry: 19890807
> Update: 20020817
> Accession No: OCLC: 20134814
> Database: WorldCat
>
> Sur
>
> Fernando E Solanas; Susú Pecoraro; Miguel A Solá;
> Philippe Léotard; Lito Cruz; Polaco; Ulises Dumont; Astor Piazzolla
> 1990s, 1988 Spanish Visual Material :
> Videorecording : VHS tape 1 videocassette (127 min.) : sd., col. ;
> 1/2 in. Argentina : Argentina Sono Film Video,
>
> Floreal (Miguel Ángel Solá), a political prisoner in
> Argentina, is liberated at the end of the dictatorship. His wife Rosi
> (Susú Pecoraro) waits for him with their young son while she wrestles
> with the guilt of having had an affair with a family friend. As Floreal
> wanders the empty streets on his way home, he is confronted with the
> ghosts of his and his country's past.
>
> Availability: Check the catalogs in your library. Libraries
> worldwide that own item: 1 Search Mason Catalog
> Find Items About: Sur20Solanas, Fernando E.6Polaco,max: 16Dumont,
> Ulises.1Piazzolla, Astor.40
> Title: Sur
> Author(s): Solanas, Fernando E. ; Pecoraro, Susú,; 1953- ; Solá,
> Miguel A. ; Léotard, Philippe. ; Cruz, Lito. ; Polaco,; d. 1994. ;
> Dumont, Ulises. ; Piazzolla, Astor.
> Corp Author(s): Cinesur (Firm) ; Pacific Productions. ; Argentina
> Sono Film Video (Firm)
> Publication: Argentina :; Argentina Sono Film Video,
> Year: 1990s, 1988
> Description: 1 videocassette (127 min.) :; sd., col. ;; 1/2 in.
> Language: Spanish
> Standard No: Publisher: 50; Argentina Sono Film
> Abstract: Floreal (Miguel Ángel Solá), a political prisoner in
> Argentina, is liberated at the end of the dictatorship. His wife Rosi
> (Susú Pecoraro) waits for him with their young son while she wrestles
> with the guilt of having had an affair with a family friend. As Floreal
> wanders the empty streets on his way home, he is confronted with the
> ghosts of his and his country's past.
> SUBJECT(S)
> Descriptor: Political prisoners -- Argentina -- Drama.
> Man-woman relationships -- Argentina -- Drama.
> Feature films -- Argentina.
> Geographic: Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1955-1983 --
> Drama.
> System Info: VHS (NTSC).
> Note(s): Originally released as motion picture in 1988./
> Participants: Susú Pecoraro, Miguel Ángel Solá, Philippe Léotard,
> Lito Cruz, Roberto Goyeneche, Ulises Dumont.
> Responsibility: Cinesur S.A., Pacific Productions ; un film de
> Fernando Ezequiel Solanas ; guión y dirección Fernando E. Solanas.
> Photography, Félix Monti ; editing, Juan Carlos Macías, Pablo Mari ;
> music, Astor Piazzolla.
> Material Type: Videorecording (vid); Videocassette (vca); VHS tape
> (vhs)
> Document Type: Visual Material
> Entry: 20030924
> Update: 20030924
> Accession No: OCLC: 53082136
> Database: WorldCat
>
> --
> George D. Oberle III
> Multi-Media Librarian and
> History Department Liaison Librarian
>
> George Mason University Libraries
> 4400 University Dr. MSN 1A6
> Fairfax, VA 22030
> (703) 993-9012
> goberle@gmu.edu
>
> _______________________________________________
> Videolib mailing list
> Videolib@library.berkeley.edu
> http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/videolib
_______________________________________________
Videolib mailing list
Videolib@library.berkeley.edu
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/videolib