RE: [Videolib] discussion re streaming licensing

John Hoskyns-Abrahall (John@bullfrogfilms.com)
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 17:58:47 -0500

DITTO, GARY. No wonder my son moved to SF. Oley is great, but your
magical day ain't going to happen aroundt here once, as the Pennsylvania
Dutch would say!

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Threatt,
Monique L
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 4:44 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] discussion re streaming licensing

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, GARY!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Gary Handman
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 3:27 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] discussion re streaming licensing

Hullo all:

I notice that somehow this discussion is flying around on both videonews
and videolib...It should continue (if it, indeed, does continue) on
videolib.
Remember: videonews is largely a bulletin board for posting info re new
products and services; videolib is the discussion forum.

Gary

Off on Wednesday to celebrate my birthday (cinquantasei)...Pam and I
BART over to SF to take a look at the wonderfully cool Beat Museum that
has opened temporarily on Upper Grant in North Beach
(http://www.beatmuseum.org). I had forgotten that Feb 8 is also Neil
Cassady's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Neal_Cassady) b-day...North Beach hopping with surviving beats and
wannabeats...weirdly warm and flawlessly bluesky day...we run into
Lawrence Ferlinghetti walking his three hipster terriers...have lunch
with un po' di vino at Mario's Bohemian Cigar Store on Columbus
Ave...strike up a conversation with Cassady's daughter, Jamie, and Jack
Micheline's (http://
www.beatmuseum.org/micheline/jackmicheline.html) son in Cafe Trieste
(we'd ducked in to catch the live opera and grab an espresso)...get
filmed by a French TV crew doing a piece on Cassady's birthday
celebrations...all that I finally scored an ipod as a gift...almost
makes midlife worth it.