[Videolib] Fwd: Re: [Videonews] DRAFT GRID: List of Digital

Thu, 09 Feb 2006 12:20:23 -0800

--=====================_7865968==.ALT

>This is useful Monique...thanks

I'm very interested in distributors that opt for limited-term
licenses rather than in-perpetuity licensing...makes absolutely no
sense from a buyer's perspective: this ain't ejournal territory, in
which content in a database changes and expands over time (in which
case limited-term licensing makes sense). What we're talking about
is paying for access to the same film over and over and over
again. This kind of economic model wasn't foisted on us in the days
of analog...why should it be in the days of digital?

Gary Handman