RE: [Videolib] Question re: Care and cleaning of DVDs

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 08:16:20 -0600

Hi. We check each av item as it is returned, as I tell patrons, to make
sure the item is in the case, the item is ours, and that noone took a
bite out of it.(usually, the patrons smile at the last). However, we
only check when problems are reported. I have had several dvds returned
that have reported problems - skipping, pixiling, sound drops, etc., but
after I clean them and watch them (I'm seeing movies I never felt the
need to watch), usually, the movie is fine. I don't check the extra
stuff. We also will listen to music, and another staff member listens
to any audiobooks with reported problems.

Becky Tatar
Periodicals/Audiovisuals
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street