Re: [Videolib] Public performance license? "Marriage Circle"

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:32:56 -0500

Actually the film is Public Domain but the DVD is not ( FYI the film is a US
film NOT made in France). When DVDs like this are produced by companies like
Kino, Milestone or in this case Image we all get "special contents"
copyright to protect their material. In this case the film for the purposes
of Public Exhibition should belong to David Shepard who produced it
You can e mail him at dshepfilm@aol.com and if for any reason he does not
own it, he can tell you who does

> Hello -
> I'm looking for a source for public performance rights for "The Marriage
> Circle" (Ernst Lubitsch, 1924 France). Our library has a DVD of it, but I
> need to find out whether it's public domain (not likely) or if there's a US
> distributor who can sell us a license for a showing or rent us a licensed
> copy.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Marilyn Huntley
>

> ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
> Marilyn B. Huntley, Audiovisual Assistant:
> Film scheduling, rentals, licensing & previews
> A-V Services, 408 C. A. Johnson Hall
> Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd., Clinton, NY 13323
> Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687
> e-mail mhuntley@hamilton.edu

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner