RE: [Videolib] up to date human biology titles

Bergman, Barbara J (barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu)
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 16:51:13 -0600

Does the professor know what the copyright dates are?
(Depending on source of information, dates may or may not have been
noticed.)

If yes, I wouldn't worry about it. If not, discussion and/or previewing
might be called for before ordering.

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Andrea
Slonosky
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 1:43 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] up to date human biology titles

Hello all,

A professor has recently requested several biology titles from Films for
the Humanities. While I am happy to get them for her, looking at the
dates, I can't help but wonder if these titles (the Living Body series,
1984, the New Living Body series, 1995 and the Genetics series, 1997)
have been replaced by something more recent. Have any of you come across
newer material in these areas? It seems a bit odd to spend over $1000.00
on science tapes that are ten years old.

Thanks,

Andrea Slonosky
Media Librarian/Assistant Professor
Brooklyn Campus Library