RE: [Videolib] Audio book downloadables

Bergman, Barbara J (barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu)
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 13:29:17 -0600

What the rep from Overdrive told us last year is that their files will
work with every MP3 player manufacturer that will share their code with
Overdrive. Thus far, that does not include Apple. As far as I'm aware,
the only files that work with iPods are those on iTunes. If this is no
longer true, I'm interested in hearing more.

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of
m.loyer@mppl.lib.in.us
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 11:52 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Audio book downloadables

We have been using Recorded Books Audio Downloadables for a year and are
fairly happy with them but our Library Board has ask if we can find this
service available for an iPOD. Rec. Bks. only works on WMP(Windows Media
Player). Does anyone have any experience with any other companies?
Sincerely,
Marsha Loyer
Media Services Coordinator
Mishawaka-Penn-Harris Public Library