(no subject)

videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:12:58 -0800 (PST)

h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding;

b=Zu9/4VChBiOtNJopZ7YzO6qxvEZl3b94t21KHlc1J67iRDD5uzydzV+GKCUveR5iBaDY7sKaiiQwttE/3y0ZfJ6V2Db7svJoGAdybPJRXXP0c6Zx0OR68FGdBqJBhRAWXTAf8Zw3rWbXTF7cHVi1+ok5SYisT9V9W1CJeRqKgRQ=
;
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:12:47 -0800 (PST)
From: Rhonda Rosen <scoutzmom@yahoo.com>
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] film clip/copyright
Sender: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu

hi all -
it's been forever since i've been on the listserve, so
pardon if this is the most redundant question ever...

we are beginning to be flooded by faculty who want to
put film clips on their Blackboard course pages. For
text, we've always kept to the one chapter or 10%
rule, but is there a consistent guideline for film
clips? I know the guidelines always talk about not
using the "heart of the film" --and, i've always
thought it shouldn't be more than 30 seconds, but i
need a hard and fast guideline to use...

anyone?
thanks,
Rhonda Rosen
Loyola Marymount University