RE: [Videolib] ILL

VanWilligen, Anne (Anne.VanWilligen@ky.gov)
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:31:20 -0500

We have several high priced business training videos that are only licensed
for use for state government employees and therefore aren't loaned via ILL.

Anne Van Willigen
Acquisitions Librarian
Ky. Dept. for Libraries and Archives
PO Box 537
Frankfort, Ky 40601
502-564-8300 ext. 226
502-564-7859 (fax)
anne.vanwilligen@ky.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Brewer, Michael
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:07 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] ILL

Gary,

I'm curious which materials or in which situations materials cannot be
loaned due to copyright restrictions? I am trying to think of a scenario
where that would be the case, but can't think of much (other than if
something were a copy made in digital format of an unpublished film for
preservation or access purposes, or a digital copy that was made of a film
due to it having been lost, damaged, deteriorating, stolen or on an obsolete
format and not available in an unused format at a reasonable price). Are
there other copyright restrictions for media (that would influence ILL) that
I don't know about?

Thanks,

mb

Michael Brewer
Slavic Studies, German Studies & Media Arts Librarian University of Arizona
Library A210 1510 E. University P.O. Box 210055 Tucson, AZ 85721
Voice: 520.307.2771
Fax: 520.621.9733
brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu