RE: [Videolib] ILL

Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:06:51 -0700

Fax: 520.621.9733
brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Gary Handman
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:03 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] ILL

We loan--selectively, very selectively--to other UC campuses only (at
the request of either faculty or students). period. By policy,
loaned materials must be used in the media center/library of the
borrowing library (although I have a feeling that a fair amount of
stuff we loan goes to campus classrooms).

We do not loan:

1. Materials that are in regular or high demand for use in
connection with scheduled classes or ongoing research, including
those materials on reserve.

2. Materials that are rare, unique, very expensive, or too fragile
to put at risk through interlibrary loan, or difficult or impossible
to replace because they are no longer available in the marketplace.

3. Materials that have special restrictions to use on the campus,
i.e., materials that do not circulate at all on the campus (except
perhaps for faculty or classroom use). For example, reference works
and other kinds of materials which need to be readily accessible for
consultation at the library.

4. Materials that are not eligible for interlibrary because of
copyright or licensing restrictions.

UC Berkeley

*****

spectacles."