RE: [Videolib] Interlibrary loan of media items

Pat Mcgee (PMcGee@tntech.edu)
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:58:56 -0600

We loan vhs-dvds to students for 3 days with 1 renewal and to faculty
for 7 days with one renewal. When we implement our new ILS all will
loan for the 7 day period. We have been loaning media materials via ILL
since January 2002. We do have a booking system to guarantee faculty
get what they need, and heavily used items are not loaned. It is been a
very positive experience. Three items have been lost--one by a patron
the other two by shippers.
It has been a very positive experience.
Pat McGee
Coordinator of Media Services
Angelo and Jennette Volpe Library & Media Center
Tennessee Technological University
Box 5066
Cookeville, TN 38505
931-372-3544
Fax 931-372-6112

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Carmine Rau
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:57 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Interlibrary loan of media items

Hello all,

This is directed at other academic media centers.

The library where I work is considering opening up our media collection
to inter-library loan from other colleges and universities in our ILL
consortium. At present we only circulate to our staff, faculty and
students for a 3 day loan period with up to 3 renewal.

I am very curious to hear who among you do or don't ILL your media
items. If not, why not? If you do, I'd love to hear your experiences-
good, bad and ugly.

Thanks for your time and advice,
Carmine

Carmine Rau