[Videolib] Fwd: Video Jobber survey

Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:29:11 -0800

--=====================_34080234==.ALT

Hi all:

Charlene Birkholz--librarian by training is now=20
working on the "dark side" (i.e. the vendor=20
side)--has been pondering the viability of a
niche business as jobber of indie video and other=20
non-mass marketed video stuff.

I told her I'd seek your collective opinions and wisdom on the matter.

PLEASE RESPOND DIRECTLY to Charlene at c.birkholz@actionlibrarymedia.com

Gary

>From: "Cherene Birkholz" <c.birkholz@actionlibrarymedia.com>
>To: "Gary Handman" <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
>Subject: Video Jobber survey
>Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:36:41 -0800
>(UTC) FILETIME=3D[974BDBB0:01C62210]
>
>Hi Gary,
>
>Thank you for taking the time to speak with me=20
>on the telephone today. It was very helpful.
>I appreciate you offering to put my questions=20
>out on your listserv to see what your group would have to say on the=
subject.

>Description of the possible business:
>Jobber of DVDs from Independent producers;=20
>ability to order on the web or via their ILS system (EDI);
>Shelf ready and cataloging; Standing orders;=20
>Blanket orders; and new title notification =96 primary market Academic
>
>Rating system: 1=3DVery Important to 5=3DReally Not Important
> * How important is the original packaging for the DVD?
> * How important is it to be able to place an=20
> order through your ILS system via EDI?
> * How important is it to have a website that=20
> lists all the titles available for order (media database)?
> * How important is it to have links to=20
> review sources (i.e. Video Librarian)?
> * How important is it to be able to set-up a blanket order?
> * How important is it to have a new title=20
> notification service based on a profile you create?
> * How important is discounts?
> * How important is free shipping?
> * How important is it to obtain a free brief=20
> MARC record for items purchased?
> * How important is being able to purchase a=20
> full MARC for items purchased?
> * Would you be willing to pay a service=20
> charge for hard to obtain titles? (Y/N)
> * Would you be interested in shelf ready=20
> (security devices, bar codes, etc)? (Y/N)
> * Would be helpful if the website indicated=20
> the approximate ship date? (Y/N)
> * Are you interested in purchasing Performance Rights? (Y/N)
> * I don=92t care how long it takes to receive=20
> the item as long as I get it? (True/False)
> * What is your ideal delivery time? (Number of days)
>
>Thanks again!!
>
>Regards,
>Cherene
>
>Cherene Birkholz
>Action! Library Media Service (Hoping to be)
>65 Pine Avenue #572
>Long Beach, CA 90802
>p- 562-438-9055
>f- 562-438-8066
><mailto:c.birkholz@actionlibrarymedia.com>c.birkholz@actionlibrarymedia.com
>www.actionlibrarymedia.com

UC Berkeley

*****

all of life presents itself as an=20
immense accumulation of spectacles."
--Guy Debord =20

Hi all:

Charlene Birkholz--librarian by training is now working on the "dark side" (i.e. the vendor side)--has been pondering the viability of a
niche business as jobber of indie video and other non-mass marketed video stuff.