Re: [Videolib] Forest Fire Footage

Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:06:38 -0800

--=====================_25537750==.ALT

Hi

Films for the humanities' Reuters stock footage library includes

The Environment [videorecording] / ITN Archives.
Alternate Title ITN/Reuters stock footage library.; The Environment
Place/Publisher Princeton, NJ : Films for the Humanities & Sciences,
Date c2000.
In these newsreels pollution and reclamation both share the
spotlight. Compelling footage of ecological damage includes smoking
factories and power stations, automobile emissions, a slag heap, a
chemical dump, barrels of radioactive waste, acid rain damage,
hillside erosion, a forest fire, burning oil wells in Kuwait, black
rain, oil-coated wildfowl, melting ice floes, the impact of drought
and dead landscapes. Images of hope, such as paper, cans and bottles
being recycled, trash being sorted, and scientists testing water
samples are also included.

Bullfrog Films offers

The fires of the Amazon [videorecording] / a Nomad Films production
for the BBC.
Place/Publisher Oley, PA : Bullfrog Films,
More than a decade after his series "The Decade of Destruction",
Adrian Cowell returns to Amazonia and finds that many friends and
collegues of Chico Mendes are in power. There have been some notable
gains for the rubber-tappers, including the establishment of the
forest preserves, literacy for their children, and higher prices for
their certified lumber. But year after year, the deforestation by
fire continues. Less than 1/3 of Amazonia is protected in a park or
preserve. Roads are being built, and agriculture is moving into
southern Amazonia.

Firestorm (<http://us.imdb.com/Sections/Years/1998>1998)

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0120670/

Always (<http://us.imdb.com/Sections/Years/1989>1989 )

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0096794/

>Hello all,
>
>Just had a request for film footage that shows a forest fire. All
>that I can think of at the moment is Bambi, but go figure,
>apparently that won't fit the bill. The faculty seemed to think
>that something of the sort could be found in old westerns, etc. but
>I'm drawing a blank. This is for use within the next several days,
>so I'm hoping for suggestions of films that might already be in our
>collection. (We won't have time to buy stock footage or the
>like.) Thanks in advance!
>
>Best,
>
>******************************
>Meghann R. Matwichuk, M.S.
>Assistant Librarian
>Instructional Media Department
>Morris Library, University of Delaware
>181 S. College Ave.
>Newark, DE 19717
>(302) 831-1475

UC Berkeley

*****

spectacles."
--Guy Debord
--=====================_25537750==.ALT

Hi

Films for the humanities' Reuters stock footage library includes

The Environment [videorecording] / ITN Archives.
Alternate Title
ITN/Reuters stock footage library.; The Environment
Place/Publisher
Princeton, NJ : Films for the Humanities & Sciences,
Date
c2000.
[...]

Firestorm (1998 )

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0120670/